January 27, 2013

Summer 2012

I left for Utah early so that I could be there for Evan's graduation.  John met me there later for Bryce and Taylor's wedding.  

Bryce and Taylor's wedding was quite the affair.  I wish my camera would have would have worked  at the reception, but it struggled in the lighting, so the only picture I have of decorations is the transporting of the centerpieces (which was a feat in itself)  We're so excited for these two and think they're just both so great!!!

John and I had intentions of hiking a 14er this summer.  The Saturday we had planned to do it though, we ended up getting 3 hours of sleep the night before, so we decided to do a drive instead.  We still have the ambition to complete a 14er before we're done here!


John totally surprised me with tickets for the Renaissance Festival in Larkspur, Colorado.  Now I've been to my fair share of Renaissance Fairs in my lifetime, and for the most part, they've tended to be very underwhelming.  I actually laughed when I opened the envelope with the tickets telling John he had no idea what he was getting himself into.  Really, I had no idea either...

I expected the homemade booths with the guy who carves knife handles sitting next to the lady who makes chainmail dresses set up accross from the guy who paints your family crest.  I was pleasantly surprised.  This place is acres big with all sorts of shops and stages with entertainment from live jousting and fire breathing to celtic singing and comedy acts.  The Shakespearean Festival girl in me just smiled all day long.  Even when our day ended early due to one of the heaviest rainstroms I've been in.
http://www.coloradorenaissance.com/Embedded%20Images/Map.pdf


                                                   The festival even included spontaneous parades with elephants!

                               In July, Lauren came and spent a week with us which was sooo fun!



We love when people come out cause we end up doing more than we would if we weren't playing host!


Shakespeare was different (for the better) this year since we were staying in St. George at the Broadbent's home.  Different years have brought the absence of different siblings, so it was fun to have everyone together this time!





It perfectly turned out that the Keisel family reunion was the day after Shakespeare got done.  And fortunately, it was straight up the canyon from Cedar City.  Last year was John and my Harry Potter themed camp, and this year, Landan and Christina had an awesome "Justice League Training Camp". 







Our trek home took John and I spontaneously to Bryce Canyon.  I hadn't been there in a long time and just couldn't resist driving by.
Since we're in Colorado, I've wanted to get John up to Aspen so he could see a  little of what I got to do when I did the music festival there.  I hadn't gone up to the Maroon Bells, so I was so excited to get to go up there with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment