September 12, 2011

Death Cab at Red Rocks

As we prepared to head to Denver, we were told if there was a band we like touring to the Red Rocks Amphitheater, the venue was worth the money it would cost to see them. Curious, we looked up the schedule and turns out, one of John's top 3 favorite bands was performing there 3 days after we would arrive.
Initially he didn't want me to get the tickets, since they weren't cheap, but we purchased some on the day of when there were still tickets available and we came to terms that it was an experience we would regret not participating in. The venue is fantastic, a natural amphitheater built between natural red rock.
An outdoor theater means the smoking was crazy with the alcohol consumption promting us to leave at the encores to avoid the intoxicated drivers. The show was amazing and so fun!!! I'm so glad we went. Although since then, we've missed concerts by the likes of Adam Pascal and Joshua Bell...I don't think we have enough money to attend all the concerts I'm going to want to see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment